The Kolkata connection of Lalit Jha sparked a political debate in the state, with West Bengal BJP president Sukanta Majumdar accusing TMC MLA Tapas Roy of being in "convenience" with Jha.
The special cell said it was also probing whom Lalit was in touch with on social media, adding that it was also investigating if the alleged security breach mastermind was speaking to others on social media and, if so, what was said.
Special judge Hardeep Kaur remanded Jha in Delhi police's custody after the public prosecutor said he was the mastermind of the incident and was required to be questioned to unearth the entire conspiracy.
Neighbours of Lalit were surprised to see his images on news channels, recalling him as a reserved individual who seldom engaged with the community at Burrabazar in Kolkata.
Jha, accompanied by a man, reached the Kartavya Path Police station in the national capital where he was handed over to the special cell.
Nepal will aim to secure their first T20 World Cup win against debutants Italy in a Group C match, following a narrow defeat to England. The match is scheduled for Thursday.
West Indies will look to maintain their winning form against a struggling Nepal side in their T20 World Cup Group C match at the Wankhede Stadium. West Indies have won both their matches so far, while Nepal are coming off a heavy defeat against Italy.
England faces Nepal in their T20 World Cup opener, hoping to shift focus from off-field issues surrounding captain Harry Brook. Nepal aims to make an impact after a strong showing in the previous edition.
Sources said the police are likely to seek the Parliament's permission to recreate the December 13 incident that unfolded on the anniversary of the 2001 attack on it.
Tournament co-hosts India will be out to defend their Twenty20 World Cup title. The 10th edition of the 20-overs global showpiece event will run from February 7 to March 8.
For a team that once struggled for basic infrastructure, the T20 World Cup is being viewed as a defining leap rather than just another appearance for Nepal.
Tournament co-hosts India will be out to defend their Twenty20 World Cup title in familiar home conditions next month.
'It was Kishoreda who suggested to Sulakshanadidi that she should become an actress and sing her own songs in her films. This transformed her life and career.'
The accused challenged a trial court's order rejecting their bail plea in the December 2023 incident.
Lalit Jha, the fifth accused and mastermind in Parliament security breach case, has burnt the mobile phones of his associates along with his friend Mahesh after fleeing to Rajasthan's Kuchaman, said police sources.
Leader of Opposition in West Bengal Assembly Suvendu Adhikari on Saturday alleged that Lalit Jha, the alleged mastermind in the Parliament security breach case, was associated with the youth wing of the Trinamool Congress.
As it gains commercial viability, the food will likely become a powerful political currency.
Several burnt parts of phones allegedly belonging to the accused involved in the Parliament security breach incident have been recovered from Rajasthan, police sources said on Sunday.
'He has always loved to help people. He has donated his blood three times'
Earlier, the police had said that Lalit Jha was the mastermind behind the December 13 incident.
The chargesheet, spread over 1,000 pages, was filed before the Patiala House Court in June and the court took its cognisance last month. A supplementary was filed in July.
In 2022, Lalit Jha, Sagar Sharma, 26, and Maoranjan D, 34, met in Mysuru where they made a plan to barge into the parliament to attract the attention of the country.
Police have also collected bank account details of all the accused to see if they received money from someone for executing the December 13 incident, police sources said on Monday.
The submission was made before additional sessions judge Hardeep Kaur, who extended the judicial custody of all the six accused till March 1.
A Delhi court on Thursday extended till January 5 the police custody of four accused arrested in the Parliament security breach case, after the city police said they needed to uncover all those involved in the conspiracy.
Four persons arrested in connection with the security breach in Parliament have been charged under the anti-terror law UAPA besides sections of the Indian Penal Code, police sources said on Thursday as security agencies were on the hunt to nab the alleged mastermind.
The court passed the order after noting the consent of the accused, excluding Neelam Azad, to conduct their polygraph test.
A sixth arrest has been made in the Parliament security breach case -- Mahesh Kumawat from Rajasthan's Nagaur who was allegedly in contact with the other accused for the last two years for hatching the conspiracy and had destroyed their mobile phones to get rid of the evidence, police said on Saturday.
'He never mentioned his whereabouts who are in his family or not. I have not seen him being violent personally'
The Delhi Police Special Cell suspects Manoranjan D one of the six people arrested in the Parliament security breach -- to be the mastermind behind the conspiracy, hatched to send a message to the ruling government by doing 'something big', said a source privy to the probe.
Trump and Modi enjoy a good friendly relationship. The two addressed thousands of people at two different rallies in Houston in September 2019 and in Ahmedabad in February 2020.
The five accused arrested in the December 13 Parliament security breach case have revealed they explored the idea of self-immolation after applying fire-resistent gel on their body to create more dramatic scenes without hurting themselves and get media attention, Delhi Police officials said on Saturday.
State Department Spokesperson Tammy Bruce Sunday said, "President Trump stated clearly that the United States is no longer going to blindly dole out money with no return for the American people. Reviewing and realigning foreign assistance on behalf of hardworking taxpayers is not just the right thing to do, it is a moral imperative."
They have been interrogated for their actual motive behind the security breach, the sources added.
Donald Trump is expected to sign a series of executive orders upon taking office, including those related to immigration, border security, energy and governance. These orders are intended to implement Trump's policy priorities, including restricting immigration, increasing energy production, and streamlining government operations. The executive orders will include declaring emergency on the southern border, preparing military deployment on the borders, classifying cartels as "foreign terrorist organisations", reinstating the "Remain in Mexico" policy, ending the "Catch and Release" policy, and declaring emergency related to energy. Trump is also expected to roll back some of the executive orders and actions of outgoing President Joe Biden, such as the Paris Climate agreement, lifting restrictions on fossil fuel production, and expanding domestic oil drilling.
In a move sending a strong signal to China, foreign ministers from Quad countries -- India, Australia, Japan and the United States -- in a joint statement on Tuesday strongly opposed any unilateral actions that seek to change the status quo by force or coercion.
The police officials said all the five accused will have to undergo the polygraph test, while Sagar and Manoranjan will have to undergo additional naro-analysis and brain mapping tests.
Ramaswamy is still mulling on the exact date to formally announce his Ohio Governor run, which is slated to be in 2026.
US President Donald Trump has signed an executive order extending the operations of TikTok, the Chinese-controlled video-sharing platform, by 75 days. Trump intends to pursue a resolution that protects national security while preserving the platform used by 170 million Americans. The order instructs the attorney general to refrain from enforcing a law that would have forced TikTok's parent company ByteDance to divest from the app or face a ban from US app stores. Trump cited the national security concerns posed by TikTok and the need to review sensitive intelligence related to these concerns. He also emphasized the importance of finding a resolution that protects national security without abruptly shutting down the platform.
US President Donald Trump has called on Jordan and Egypt to take in more Palestinian refugees from Gaza, advocating for a "clean out" of the area ravaged by the Israel-Hamas war. Trump spoke with King Abdullah II of Jordan on this matter and plans to discuss it with Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi. He suggested housing for the refugees at a different location, potentially temporary or long-term, to enable a fresh start for the region. Trump also lifted the hold on sending 2,000-pound bombs to Israel, a decision made by the previous Biden administration.